• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Batman Philosophy discussion.

I wouldn't read this and don't have tacos, but I just made some nachos with ground beef and chili beans! Incredible!

Like Batman and Robin sounds when they were fighting, I'm all. ....POOT! POOT! RIP! POW! HAHAHA!

Mosins were zeros with bayonet out since they had to have it out at all times, even riding in a vehicle. do you really think a bayonet attached to a barrel at its farthest point will not affect Point of Impact?
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/ralph/ralph’s-guide-to-your-first-mosin-nagant-9130-pt-3/

http://62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinFAQ.htm Question 15

I should've known better than to even comment in this thread. While I appreciate your immediate access to such technical information, it isn't relevant to the conversation you were having with that particular shooter. The weapon can be zeroed with it in, or with it out. His corrections weren't working...extending the bayonet was not going to make them work.

For the sake of argument, I will acquiesce, and say that you know more about the Mosin than I ever will or will ever care to, and that knowledge probably extends to the shooting sports in their entirety. Continue with the Batman thread, it helps me pass the time. Thank you.

I should've known better than to even comment in this thread. While I appreciate your immediate access to such technical information, it isn't relevant to the conversation you were having with that particular shooter. The weapon can be zeroed with it in, or with it out. His corrections weren't working...extending the bayonet was not going to make them work.

For the sake of argument, I will acquiesce, and say that you know more about the Mosin than I ever will or will ever care to, and that knowledge probably extends to the shooting sports in their entirety. Continue with the Batman thread, it helps me pass the time. Thank you.

HAHAHAHA! Yeah, asshole!

well his mosin handn't been rezero'd since he got it, so we assumed it was still sighted for bayonet out. The real problem was the fact that mosins shoot about 1 foot high at 100 yards, something I didn't know at the time. Don't get so touchy, I never said you don't know what you are talking about, but this is something that has become common on the web regarding Mosin shooting, so when you assert it is false then I'll show you it appears not to be. If I really acted like I knew everything about shooting then I wouldn't ask the million billion questions I do on here to those who have shot longer than I or more invested in one niche.

My T53 shoots dead zero at 50 yds bayonet out. About a foot left at 50 with it retracted. I concur they are factory set with bayonet out.

A few months back I heard you tell a guy in a video on one of the ODT Meet Up threads that his weapon was designed to be zeroed with the bayonet out as it affected barrel harmonics. This post could actually be worse than that. LOL

Bingo... Bango. (And we still laugh at that one)

And in Lax defense... It actually is the case with the T52 and m44. Blew my mind

Bingo... Bango. (And we still laugh at that one)

And in Lax defense... It actually is the case with the T52 and m44. Blew my mind

No need to defend him. I was just poking fun but he took it out of context. I'm slightly familiar with the Mosin, but I found the comment funny simply because it wasn't relevant to their particular zeroing process. The weapon will zero with it in, or with it out...but the adjustments they made with it in weren't going to magically work once they put it out. I just thought it was funny. Things are too literal in type I suppose. I zeroed mine with it in as I will only extend the bayonet when I'm out of ammo and the zombies are near.

Back
Top Bottom