• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Basic Pin & Weld

Dave550

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
44   0
Reaction score
I called around a few places for a simple pin and weld job. Almost everybody charged at least $100, and a 2 to 6 weeks turnaround. I ended up calling this amazing shop near my house in Cherokee County. $65 and less than 24 hours later I have it back in my hands.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 118
I left a PSA 10.5" upper with a 6" XM177 style flash hider at a local smith in Warner Robins back in 21. Supposed to be a two week turn around. About 6 weeks later he wouldn't respond to messages or return calls. I happened to catch him home/ his place of business one day and told him I needed to get my parts. He acted like I was wrong as hell. But when I asked how long it would take he couldn't or wouldn't give me any kind of answer. Thoroughly pissed me off.
Meanwhile I brought it back here to Perry and showed another local member what I needed done and he had it done in about a half hour. Granted the weld wasn't pretty but I didn't give a ****. I had gotten my flash hider from Charlie's Custom Clones and paid a little more but the hole was already predrilled which made the job a lot quicker and easier.

That weld will break if tested. They most certainly got the new guy to do it. But I’m glad you got it done.

I’ve never seen where it was explained how a “pin and weld” should be done for that purpose either. So I suppose it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom