• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bartow County Commissioner

I've always thought that you had to have 5 acres to put a mobile home on. I'm ok with that, but like most in the county, I'd rather not see them on anything smaller than that. You can buy or build a small house these days for the cost of mobile home.

While Bartow County isn't perfect, I can't think of anywhere else that is.

According to what I just read, mobile homes aren't "banned" in Bartow County, they just have to meet a certain requirement. They have to be 1100 sf and have a 5-12 roof pitch.

Regardless of where I stand on mobile homes either a single on the owner's property or in a MHP, it seems there should be an exemption for a home/property owner to put one on his property for caring for an elderly or sick relative.

Another vote for a tiny house....and I want to take a minute to say to you Mr. King...thanks for the NFA trust you made for me before moving to Alaska. It has served me well.

Mobile homes and apartments always start out nice, but after a while they run down and end up rented at a rate that allows the rif-raff to come in. I support your right to have a mobile home on your property and I would never vote in someone who wants to control what we do on our property. I do understand the position of the county though. Any chance you could build a detached mother in law suite that would meet your purposes and simultaneously increase the value of your property?

Back
Top Bottom