DKing

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
9   0
Reaction score
www.georgiapacking.org_forum_images_icons_icon1.gif
Bartow County Commissioner
Fellow Gun Owners,

I have been living in Bartow county the past two years and chose this county as the best place to raise my kids. I wanted a small place in the country with a small town feel, where I could relax and focus on family. Bartow was close enough to Atlanta to be able to co-host theGeorgiacarry.org Radio Hour and make occasional court appearances like my representation of the gentleman in DeKalb.

As some of you my know, my mother recently suffered a stroke. My wife, Jessi, worked tirelessly to find an excellently priced albeit modest mobile home for us to move onto our property so that my mother could maintain her independence and still have the support she needs. It was a blessing from God to find a perfect solution.

Then we contacted the county to get the proper permits. We found out that "Bartow doesn't believe in mobile homes". In 2013, the commissioner acting alone created a series of ordinances designed to ensure no mobile homes would ever again enter Bartow County. I researched the issue and believe these ordinances are contrary to federal law. However, I was faced with the reality that if I sued and got the ordinances struck down they would simply be reissued with slight changes and we would end up in a Red Queens race. Bartow County taxes would be wasted and Bartow deserves better.

I have decided to seek the nomination of the Libertarian Party of Georgia for Bartow County's Next Commissioner. I need to get 3,000 signatures for ballot access. I need volunteers to help get these signatures. I need volunteers to help place signs. I need volunteers to pray for this endeavor and for my family. If you can help in anyway please email me atBartowDougKing@gmail.com. You can follow me on Twitter @bartowdougking.

It's time for a commissioner who will cut the budget, end government intrusions, and support private enterprise. The incumbent sees business as a cash cow, not as a constituent. The incumbent sees citizens as subjects. Too many good people who work in the county have to hold their nose and enforce anti-liberty policies. You can't have a small town feel with big government. Bartow deserves better.

good luck sir

what is their reasoning for banning mobile homes anyhow? im pretty sure that contradicts some federal law as you said

reach out to a poor people advocacy group, they have all the time and the world to fight these battles created by **** legislature

good luck sir

what is their reasoning for banning mobile homes anyhow? im pretty sure that contradicts some federal law as you said

reach out to a poor people advocacy group, they have all the time and the world to fight these battles created by **** legislature

The incumbent called my wife once she started making waves and she told me that he believes people who live in mobile homes contribute to the drug problems in the county and that most people in Bartow want them gone.

I also have all the time in the world to fight. The mobile home owners association is chomping at the bit to file a suit. Here's the rub, no matter how we win, the sole county commissioner can simply enact another ordinance and we are right back to square one. This monster is a hydra and cutting off its heads only breeds more problems. We must strike at the heart.

This is not the only bad ordinance. There are hundreds of anti-private property, anti-free market, anti-liberty ordinances. The county budget keeps swelling by nearly twice the rate of the federal government growth. What makes matters worse is this bloated government is run by the Republicans. Bartow deserves better!

The incumbent called my wife once she started making waves and she told me that he believes people who live in mobile homes contribute to the drug problems in the county and that most people in Bartow want them gone.

I also have all the time in the world to fight. The mobile home owners association is chomping at the bit to file a suit. Here's the rub, no matter how we win, the sole county commissioner can simply enact another ordinance and we are right back to square one. This monster is a hydra and cutting off its heads only breeds more problems. We must strike at the heart.

This is not the only bad ordinance. There are hundreds of anti-private property, anti-free market, anti-liberty ordinances. The county budget keeps swelling by nearly twice the rate of the federal government growth. What makes matters worse is this bloated government is run by the Republicans. Bartow deserves better!
hmmmm, sound like he is intentionally discriminating against people with low income.....they can go after him personally for that for abusing his authority to follow through what amounts to a personal vendetta against the poor

who knows, maybe this guy owns share with motels and low income apartments and doesnt like competition or something

either way, good luck with your fight sir.

I agree with most of your feelings towards mobile home's, in the past I remember you had to own 5 acre's to own on your property. I don't have a problem with Mobile home's in general, but trailer parks IMO help in adding to crimes.

On your commission theory I prefer 1 commissioner instead of a party of 2,3 or how ever commissioners you prefer, again IMO it leads to battles of the commission which never gets solved. Bartow co. Government is no where near perfect but I believe we do a better job than most of our neighboring counties.

I agree with most of your feelings towards mobile home's, in the past I remember you had to own 5 acre's to own on your property. I don't have a problem with Mobile home's in general, but trailer parks IMO help in adding to crimes.

No, trailer parks do not add to the crime rate. Trash living in trailer parks add to the crime rate but that's another separate issue.
Personally I despise trailer parks and I'll say it, I'm glad to see them gone.
Do people who are less fortunate than me need a place to live, absolutely. Do I have a solution, nope....
There's an obvious push to "pretty up" the county. I'll guess and say it's being driven by those looking for more entertainment based development. Nobody wants a trailer park next to their new version of Disney land they want to build or between the highway and the ticket booth....

The sole commissioner form of government still in place in a few GA counties is bad news anyway. Bartow has grown beyond this being a fair and representative governance. Should you get elected I hope you will then push to end it.

Back
Top Bottom