• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Barrel threading

silverado31794

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
130   0
Reaction score
I want to get my bull barrel threaded on my Ruger 10/22 and a Thread protector made for it. Anyone here want the honor of doing it? No garage threaders, and prefer to be an established member.

I want to get my bull barrel threaded on my Ruger 10/22 and a Thread protector made for it. Anyone here want the honor of doing it? No garage threaders, and prefer to be an established member.

I do many of these a month on top of building my precision rifles (as seen here on the ODT many times). I would be happy to work with you.

I have a question.

Is it possible to chop off 1/2 an inch or so of the barrel, THEN get it threaded. Then tap the 1/2" that was cut off so that it can be used as the thread protector??

I have the stainless bull barrel, and I want it to look flush and finish when the thread protector is on there.

Also, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being I can change the magazine, 5 being I can build an AR lower with LPK, and 10 being I cast my own lower...

Where would you rank taking off the bull barrel of a 10/22 so I can ship it off to get threaded?

Also, would it be easier to take it off to get it threaded??

Or should I just bring it to a local shop and let them have at it?

Back
Top Bottom