• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bad time to sell some gold?

Baldilox

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
126   0
Reaction score
Thinking again about selling 3-4 gold coins. To put some cash in the till for projects.
Figure if I do, with my luck, soon after au will jump to $3k/oz. Say by mid-November if the walking mannequin is elected.
What do you guys think?

I was in a Pawn Shop last Friday, the owner asked if I were willing to sell the Gold I was wearing he weighted for me, he said the weight was worth $5000. I said no thanks. I have Gold from 1982, and plus what I bought in the Bazaars in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. Never thought about selling my Gold, I told my wife if I pass none of my kids get any of the Gold , I have until they finish college, or just sell it for weight and give it to A No-Kill Dog Shelter.

I was in a Pawn Shop last Friday, the owner asked if I were willing to sell the Gold I was wearing he weighted for me, he said the weight was worth $5000. I said no thanks. I have Gold from 1982, and plus what I bought in the Bazaars in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. Never thought about selling my Gold, I told my wife if I pass none of my kids get any of the Gold , I have until they finish college, or just sell it for weight and give it to A No-Kill Dog Shelter.
I can be a “No kill dog shelter” :becky:
Lemme get on that list ! Lol

I did not picture you as Mr. T.

My wife has a bunch of 14-18 carat gold chains she got from her grandmother(school teacher jewelry. after she retired she started buying different style ****.) pretty modest, but good gold content. she wants to make handbags out of them...where do I get the most bang for the buck? weighed...maybe 3 troy ounces of 24k after conversion(150-160grams raw weight.)

The inherent value of physical gold never changes, only the purchasing power of the fiat currency in circulation. It has a 6000 year history as being a reliable media of trade and exchange. Having gold in your possession, is like a life insurance policy on your savings denominated in fiat.

If you are exchanging it for something that will increase your family's chances of surviving the coming and unavoidable worldwide monetary collapse (disguised as the great reset), it is "real money" well spent.

You do not mention what form it is in: if a US Eagle, Krugerrand, Maple Leaf, Panda, etc., i.e. something of recognizable value, it will be much easier to sell at perceived fiat exchange rate. If it is in a form where the actual gold content is dubious or has to be assayed, it will be more difficult to move.

Don't for get gold's cousin by incest....silver

I inherited several pieces of jewelry (gold, silver & platinum) a few years ago. No other family in my generation wanted it (thought it was to ugly). I had a jeweler friend who owed me a favor look at it to give a value. He said not to sell it or melt it down unless I was bankrupt. I would say to you that following his advice is a good idea. For once it is gone, it's gone!

Back
Top Bottom