• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Awesome/random picture YOU have taken thread (G RATED ONLY!)

That's an incredible pic, especially since you can't really "set up" for something as spontaneous as that.

I suppose that what "Burst" mode is for. Or possibly, he has one hell of a video camera and took a frame from the video, but that would be one hell of a video camera.

For sure on all accounts! That’s why I thought the pic so amazing I had to share it!

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baby birds hatched in the tree in the front yard.

Attachments

• 20240418_171654.jpg
    20240418_171654.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 11
How we used to do training in "the olden days" vs today….

Modern-day simulators consist of a large, enclosed "box" on electro-hydraulic lifts… all run by computers that simulate digital visual displays and create the sense of motion that most would swear they were actually flying in the airplane if they didn’t know better…. about the only sensation hard to recreate is that of +/- "G-forces" felt when initiating a dive, pulling up or tight, steep turns….

b5357cecab613108e86b83eda9b5c4c7.jpg

06869eeea13c9ef6f9e90ad149d2b63a.jpg

6993afa1fa65a1c683e2da7314c19ff5.jpg

835d07ff68e7955d412d7407a0c09303.jpg

Like the old Link flight simulator.

That’s what it is…. I trained in a "Link GAT-1" in the mid-70s when I first started flying…. it was much like the one in the two top photos…. just a later version. This Link trainer is on display at the training facility I go to every year for Recurrent Training….

That’s what it is…. I trained in a "Link GAT-1" in the mid-70s when I first started flying…. it was much like the one in the two top photos…. just a later version. This Link trainer is on display at the training facility I go to every year for Recurrent Training….

We had one just like it at the Musuem of Aviation. I think they put in storage because they couldn't keep people from touching it.
My brother recently retired from Link.

Back
Top Bottom