• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Audi front suspension mechanic needed !!!

Codyt57

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
119   0
Reaction score
I’ve got a bad rattle , think it’s the ball joints / control arms. Anybody on here work on these turds? 06 A4 . Thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• 2BE14252-905A-4BB6-9B6B-1F5D37E287BC.jpeg
    2BE14252-905A-4BB6-9B6B-1F5D37E287BC.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 21
That's very possible. There are 4 control arms per side on the front each with their own ball joint. Someone will have to inspect the car to find out which one. The biggest hurdle when changing them is the pinch bolt on the steering knuckle for the upper control arms. It will often seize and make a fairly easy job into a nightmare.

Also being aluminum suspension parts they are a bit pricey. I personally like FCP Euro for getting parts. ECS Tuning is great for pictures and part numbers and their parts prices aren't bad but they get you on shipping.

That's very possible. There are 4 control arms per side on the front each with their own ball joint. Someone will have to inspect the car to find out which one. The biggest hurdle when changing them is the pinch bolt on the steering knuckle for the upper control arms. It will often seize and make a fairly easy job into a nightmare.

Also being aluminum suspension parts they are a bit pricey. I personally like FCP Euro for getting parts. ECS Tuning is great for pictures and part numbers and their parts prices aren't bad but they get you on shipping.
Thanks man! I don’t have a lift or the tools anymore , so was looking for someone who has done one before. But again thanks for the advise!

Back
Top Bottom