Athlon optics

jscooba

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
29   0
Reaction score
I keep reading positive reviews on Athlon optics. The features on this model seen really appealing for the price point ( Illuminated, FFP, 34mm tube, and 56mm bell). I have never used or shot first focal plane, but am open to trying it. I've used cheaper glass in the past (mostly vortex and zeiss). I bought a Nightforce for my last rifle, its great but not 2k$ nice. Is this the magic blend of quality and price, or just more Chinese crap? (The rifle it will go on is a Daniel Defense Delta 5 in 6.5 creedmore and the longest range I have access to is 1000 yards).

I Use an Argos Gen 2 for NRL22 and don't have any complaints. They track well, have zero stops and have a solid warranty program. You will love FFP, specially when shooting dime size targets.

I've tried to like athlon stuff on rimfire guns, and I just can't. Glass is not very good and eyebox is very tight. I don't think they are trash, but I don't think that they are all that great either. Like twitch said, I'd be looking at the Meopta Optika 6 5-30 in that price range

I absolutely love my Athlon Ares etr. Shot it out to 1500 yards. Guys using Schmidt & Bender and NF were comparing it to theirs. I love the scope. I also have the Midas Tac BtR on my AR10. Both scopes work great in low light, tracking is dead on.
Easy to tell the full of **** here.

I have four Athlon Argos FFP 6-24x50 and one 8-34x56 as well as a Midas 4-16x44 (all Gen I) on some of my long sticks for the past 5 or 6 years. I, too, may be full of **** (see post #9), but I have no problem seeing, tracking or hitting my targets with the glass I am using. (OK, At 1,000 yards, I scared the 10" steel target, but missed as I could not read the wind. The next two guys to use my .338 Lapua Magnum dinged that target within two shots each.) (Note: Midas not in pic)
AthlonScopes5.JPG

Back
Top Bottom