• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF withdraws “Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with ‘Stabilizing Braces’”

Based on that, there's nothing to stop them from implementing it anyway. (Except that the whole {supposed} point was to provide guidance to the public and manufacturers.)

I'm going out on a limb and taking a guess that you are not familiar with the Federal Administrative Procedures Act. There is a lot to stop them.

Don't take my word for it, call Pres. Trump and ask him how the repeal of Obama's DACA decree is working out.

Makes no difference if it's legal or not, constitutional or not, the government has shown time and time again it will do whatever it wants to do.

Because they know we won't do anything about it besides bitch and moan and vote republican and give money to NRA even though they do nothing for us on stuff like this.

I'm going out on a limb and taking a guess that you are not familiar with the Federal Administrative Procedures Act. There is a lot to stop them.

Don't take my word for it, call Pres. Trump and ask him how the repeal of Obama's DACA decree is working out.
I don't know law. The notice itself said that:
"Although there is no requirement that a guidance document be published for notice and comment,[9] ATF has decided to publish the proposed objective factors in the Federal Register for a brief comment period, given the public interest surrounding these issues."

"[9] Only ‘‘significant guidance documents,’’ as defined 28 CFR 50.27(a)(2), are required to be made available for public notice and comment for at least 30 days, except when the Department or component finds that notice and public comment are impracticable, unnecessary, or contrary to the public interest. 28 CFR 50.27(c)(2)(iii)."

They see nothing to stop them from publishing this 'non-significant' 'guidance document' without public comment.

Back
Top Bottom