• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF 4473 question

Adam5

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
147   1
Reaction score
I have a question about an ATF 4473 form. What is the ATF policy for a person with a physical handicap that can not fill out the 4473? I had surgery on my right arm last week and it is in a cast from mid upper arm to my hand. I can use my left hand to check the yes or no check boxes, and I can scribble some thing that resembles my signature. I can not write well enough to fill out the name, address, date of birth, place of birth, etc at the top. Can I have someone fill out that portion for me (with my correct information that matches my ID and GWCL), and I do the yes/no checkboxes, and sign and date?

I found the official answer.
From the instructions for a 4473.

“The transferee/buyer must personally complete Section B of this form and certify (sign and date) that the answers are true, correct, and complete. However, if the transferee/buyer is unable to read and/or write, the answers (other than the signature) may be completed by another person, excluding the transferor/seller. Two persons (other than the transferor/seller) must then sign as witnesses to the transferee’s/ buyer’s answers and signature/certification in question 22.”

Just take someone with you to fill everything out you can't do, Sign it and be done with it.
Or just call where your going to fill it out and ask your question.

Back
Top Bottom