• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Assault weapons ban question.

ClassicBlue

Default rank <5000 posts
Friends don’t let friends buy cheap guns!
431   0
Reaction score
Let’s say there is a ban. That would only affect new production and import, is that correct? You could still buy one on ODT or GunBroker couldn’t you? Please advise.

A grandfather clause would cover those who own one already. What if I wanted to sell one, would I be able to do that? Would secondary sales be prohibited even with a 4473?

A grandfather clause would cover those who own one already. What if I wanted to sell one, would I be able to do that? Would secondary sales be prohibited even with a 4473?
The bill that has been proposed (Feinstein's bill) basically states that all grandfathered firearms can still be transferred but have to go through an FFL. In other words you could still buy or sell a pre-ban weapon.

My guess is the current owner may be allowed to keep it until his/her death, at which time it would have to be turned in for destruction.
And no provision for sale, gift, or inheritance of the weapon once law goes into effect.

The bill that has been proposed (Feinstein's bill) basically states that all grandfathered firearms can still be transferred but have to go through an FFL. In other words you could still buy or sell a pre-ban weapon.
Thank you CTS Tactical. Finally a knowledgeable answer and not some emotional outbursts.

Back
Top Bottom