• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asking for identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each take a gander at the other's GA. driver's license and CCW permit. This should be enough to confirm age, residence and non-felon status.

Yeah, yeah, I know that these things can be faked but you will have done your best to act lawfully. If faking was involved I think the authorities will find this out if there is a "misadventure" down the road.

Don't overthink it.

F84B35FD-8B9B-433B-8392-2C778236E313.jpeg

We are fortunate to live in a state where the only pretext for buying and selling face to face is to not knowingly sell to a prohibited person or a person from out of state. There is no requirement for ID or bill of sale or to verify a persons status. That is to say it’s on the honor system. Unless someone tells me they are prohibited or from out of state, I am under no obligation by law to verify their status. If they are breaking the law it is on them. I am conducting a transaction within the states requirements in good faith.

If you are setting any kind of ID requirement, or documentation you are requiring more than what the state requires. You are by your own accord raising the requirement to buy from you. I’d also ask do you require ID when you buy from someone else? I’m guessing you don’t. The point is you are engaging in your own form of gun control by raising the requirement that exceeds the state requirement. That is fully your right to do so, but that also says a lot about your character.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin

We are fortunate to live in a state where the only pretext for buying and selling face to face is to not knowingly sell to a prohibited person or a person from out of state. There is no requirement for ID or bill of sale or to verify a persons status. That is to say it’s on the honor system. Unless someone tells me they are prohibited or from out of state, I am under no obligation by law to verify their status. If they are breaking the law it is on them. I am conducting a transaction within the states requirements in good faith.

If you are setting any kind of ID requirement, or documentation you are requiring more than what the state requires. You are by your own accord raising the requirement to buy from you. I’d also ask do you require ID when you buy from someone else? I’m guessing you don’t. The point is you are engaging in your own form of gun control by raising the requirement that exceeds the state requirement. That is fully your right to do so, but that also says a lot about your character.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin
My stuff My rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom