• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Arrow help

bowhunter54

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Im new to the site&bowhunting and need info on what arrows i should use on whitetails? Im shooting a mathews outback, 28,65 any info would be great guys! THANKS:)

The only advice I can give is to get the best arrow you can afford. Accuracy in bowhunting
is everything and a cheap arrow usually doesn't make it.

I personally use radial X-Weave Pro but I have shot Gold Tip and they are great. Most
arrow manufacturers have good arrows but pay attention to the details. Grain match, straightness
all make a difference. Each manufacturer uses a different scale to shop for proper spine so
pick your brand and make sure you have the right spine.

I've only shot Carbon Express and I love them. I can't say anything bad about any other arrows since I haven't used anything else. I use the 350's with 29" draw and 70#.

As far as broadheads, I've been using Crimson Talon XT's. They fly straight, always expand, and use no rubber bands or clips of any kind.

I highly recommend investing in some lighted nocks. Makes it easier to track arrow flight off faster bows and makes them a lot easier to find if you happen to miss.

I am shooting the same poundage and draw length as you. You should be shooting about a 400 grain arrow. I am shooting Gold Tip Velocity's with 2" vanes. i use the 100gr 2 blade Rage broad head and it is an awesome combo. You get what you pay for when it comes to archery.

Back
Top Bottom