Armistead Armory in Alpharetta?

Jester7

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
95   0
Reaction score
I was shocked to learn today that there is a gun store near downtown Alpharetta... have never seen it... Armistead Armory. Maybe behind Hardees? Prices online seem a little high but not crazy... anyone been there?? Thoughts...

Thanks

I have been there many times - usually they have a pretty good selection. Most of the rifles have panic prices but the ammo prices are ok. Very nice clean store. Great people.

I stopped in once when they first opened up. Had some cute girls on the commercial and being a man, I fell for it.

Walked in and left 15 minutes later. Not a single person behind the counter spoke to me or even acknowledged my presence in their store.

There was a gentleman behind the counter with 2 ladies and they were all fixated on selling a customer a Glock 22C.

I will never forget that sales pitch because the guy took the gun out of the case and showed the customer how easy it was to rack the slide. He did this by pushing the factory plastic sights against the top of glass cabinet and pushing down as hard as he could to rack the slide back.

I smiled and left.

I will never forget that sales pitch because the guy took the gun out of the case and showed the customer how easy it was to rack the slide. He did this by pushing the factory plastic sights against the top of glass cabinet and pushing down as hard as he could to rack the slide back.

:shocked: He must be training the sales staff.

I stopped in once when they first opened up. Had some cute girls on the commercial and being a man, I fell for it.

Walked in and left 15 minutes later. Not a single person behind the counter spoke to me or even acknowledged my presence in their store.

There was a gentleman behind the counter with 2 ladies and they were all fixated on selling a customer a Glock 22C.

I smiled and left.

Doh...

Everyone, thanks for the info, I'll probably swing in to check out the ammo prices. Someone should tell em that having free ffl transfer would go a LONG way to getting customers in the door. Just a thought :)

They won't do free FFL, not from what I heard. I was there last week and he even mentioned that they are upping it to $30. His reason is that Gunbroker and Buds are taking all the business away so he's upping it. Matter of fact, he said he's going to start referring them to the pawn shop that my buddy works at.

My impression of the place was it was nice and clean but the guns were arranged in a manner you couldn't read what they were (for rooks like myself) and the tags didn't have much information on them.

Back
Top Bottom