• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Argentina dove hunt

fuelman1

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
We just got back from a dove hunt in Argentina. Millions of birds. Just crazy. This is a short clip from our last morning. Solid waves of doves coming off the roost. The group of 13 hunters staying in our camp shot over 19,000 birds in 3 days. Not the greatest vid because of the wide angle on the GoPro but it gives you an idea. Best in full screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpemskepAo

The bird boys pick up some birds to eat and give some to the locals to eat. They cook up dove in one form or another for each meal. It cost $280 to rent their Beretta 391 20ga for 3 days. It would have been $240 to bring my own. Given the hassle of getting through the airports and customs it was worth the extra $40. Not to mention the fact that I would have put almost 2500 rounds through my gun in 3 days. I shot 98 boxes of shells and killed over 1500 birds for a 62.5% hit rate. Never had a fail to feed, fire, or any malfunction. The guns hold 4 shells and the bird boy sits next to you with a pouch of shells. When the gun is empty you hold it out and he shoves in the shells. I could get used to that. Maybe have to try that with the girlfriend. A pouch of shells and some duct tape on her mouth:) When me and my buddies put this trip together we all said it was a bucket list thing. We all agreed it is going back on the list.

Back
Top Bottom