• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you guys slinging sticks yet??

TBurnham

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
41   0
Reaction score
I plan to get mine out this weekend and shoot some more. The closer it gets the more Ill shoot. I still just hope this heats drops off or I will be getting a late start. I HATE hunting in heat like this!!!!

Almost every day for the past couple weeks, it's like an addiction.

Trying to gauge my natural rangefinding skills with as much practice as possible.

Actually got blown off by some schmuck from craigslist that was supposed to meet up with me to sell me a laser rangefinder.

Almost every day for the past couple weeks, it's like an addiction.

Trying to gauge my natural rangefinding skills with as much practice as possible.

Actually got blown off by some schmuck from craigslist that was supposed to meet up with me to sell me a laser rangefinder.

This is where I need the most practice. I just can not get the hang of judging yardage. My wife bought me a range finder a few years back and I cant go to the woods without it.

I can see ALOT of shooting tomorrow, I have been slacking on shooting and need to make sure I am ready and the bow is ready. Hopefully by Saturday night Ill have back straps on the dinner table!!!

I put out flags for my 10yard increments well in advance of opening day. It takes a lot of the guess work out of it, and limits my movement reaching for a range finder. I use tape on trees in my wooded stands, and surveyor flags on the plots...

Back
Top Bottom