AR9 SBR, Worth it?

what manufacturer would you mp5 owners recommend to those interested in purchasing one?
I have a Zenith/MKE Z5RS (full-size).it's been great, pretty flawless, very accurate, suppresses great, feeds everything I've put through it. I'd buy another one. Brethren Arms has a production one for a competitive price.

I built a 9mm AR15 pistol on an Angstadt receiver set, using an 8" barrel. With 147 grain ammunition, it's extremely quiet. I just bought two Zenith pistols, an MKE Z-5P, and an MKE Z-5RS. I took all three out to see which I preferred, and the AR won. The only thing I liked better about the MP5 style pistols is the magazines being easier to load. Chambering a round is more difficult with the MP5 style pistols, the sights aren't as easy for me to use, and they are dead-heavy for a 9mm pistol. I'm likely going to sell both and buy a Tavor in 9mm, and hang on to the Angstadt setup as well.
IMG_1819.jpg

I built one and it was quiet......at the muzzle.

But at the ear? It rang my ear everytime I shot it. For me, shooting suppressed is only interesting without ear pro, so I traded it.

This is a bit of a buzz kill. I have gathered up all the parts to assemble a 9mm AR, I'm just waiting on the the boys at ATF to bless my stamp (currently 6 months and 6 days). I'm really hoping for stupid quiet.

I just got a can piston (1/2x36) for my rifle length AR9 and will wait until everything gets back to normal in 6-9 months before I think about SBRing it. Faster and cheaper and I can see how it does before I spend more money on it.

This is a bit of a buzz kill. I have gathered up all the parts to assemble a 9mm AR, I'm just waiting on the the boys at ATF to bless my stamp (currently 6 months and 6 days). I'm really hoping for stupid quiet.
I'm sorry but you're never going to get "stupid quiet" with a blowback system. Too much port pop. Now, I have a MechTech which has the heaviest bolt of any PCC I know off to include the Uzi. It's pretty quiet and doesn't ring my ears at all. But it's still louder than my Leonidas.

I'm sorry but you're never going to get "stupid quiet" with a blowback system. Too much port pop. Now, I have a MechTech which has the heaviest bolt of any PCC I know off to include the Uzi. It's pretty quiet and doesn't ring my ears at all. But it's still louder than my Leonidas.

Yeah, I hear you on that. What would be slick is if someone could come up with a bolt lock (hold closed) mechanism for a AR9. So you'd at least have an option for "stupid quiet" single shots.

Back
Top Bottom