• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar9 out of battery discharge

Bad round.

To light a spring/buffer/combo not holding the bolt in battery until pressure dropped. On a blowback-operated gun, the only thing holding the breech closed is the spring.
I do have a heavy buffer and specific spring. I do have 600 rounds through this combo without any issues. I shoot off my back deck and pick up the brass, never seeing a single round that has a bulge or anything.
What's the thought with a bad round? Too much power? Thanks

I do have a heavy buffer and specific spring. I do have 600 rounds through this combo without any issues. I shoot off my back deck and pick up the brass, never seeing a single round that has a bulge or anything.
What's the thought with a bad round? Too much power? Thanks

I usually recommend a 7.7oz buffer, not a 7.2oz.

How do you KNOW that your spring is correct, other than taking the manufacturer’s word for it? I highly recommend Sprinco springs…….not that they they can’t make mistakes, but they are extremely high quality with a low failure rate.

Could have been an overpressure round. I don’t hesitate to shoot WWB, but it’s toward the bottom of my list of reliable American ammo brands.

If you do get an overpressure round, a heavier buffer and reliable spring will help.

I usually recommend a 7.7oz buffer, not a 7.2oz.

How do you KNOW that your spring is correct, other than taking the manufacturer’s word for it? I highly recommend Sprinco springs…….not that they they can’t make mistakes, but they are extremely high quality with a low failure rate.

Could have been an overpressure round. I don’t hesitate to shoot WWB, but it’s toward the bottom of my list of reliable American ammo brands.

If you do get an overpressure round, a heavier buffer and reliable spring will help.
Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom