• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR Trigger discussion?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
What do you guys like? This will be for a 50-100 yards shooting steel targets, fast on target hits > sub moa groups. had a Giessele SD-3G on an MPX. really liked it, shot my buddy's 3.5# cmc drop in trigger. Def prefer the SD3G but I have heard rave reviews about the Timney Calvin Elite. #1.5 sounds sketchy. Love a fast trigger, don't ever want one that gets away from me. What are you guys using? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Caleb

Geissele SSA-E if you can swing it, Larue MBT-2S if you wanna save some dough. If I’m honest, I can’t really tell them apart. Both are two stage triggers of course compared to the single stage triggers you mentioned.

One of the great things about attending training is there will be 16 students running AR’s, using 6 different optics, 8 different triggers, 12 different stock, 9 different grips, 10 different rails, and 5 different slings. Gun folks like to show off their stuff, and will let you look through, handle, and shoot their kit. Great opportunity to try out stuff before you buy it.

LaRue is hard to beat for the money.
Also do my own. Mirror polish contact surfaces without removal of hardly any material - basically almost a buff and fluff.
Removes friction, just a drop of gun butter and I have a safe, smooth trigger.

What do you guys like? This will be for a 50-100 yards shooting steel targets, fast on target hits > sub moa groups. had a Giessele SD-3G on an MPX. really liked it, shot my buddy's 3.5# cmc drop in trigger. Def prefer the SD3G but I have heard rave reviews about the Timney Calvin Elite. #1.5 sounds sketchy. Love a fast trigger, don't ever want one that gets away from me. What are you guys using? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Caleb
If you're looking to be able to shoot fast and get sub MOA groups then I'm not sure why you're asking for a recommendation of a product to buy. Take a good rifle class.

Back
Top Bottom