• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar pistol

Kyle Klinger

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
I’m looking to build a ar pistol 11.5 inch or longer. I’ve already got a receiver. If anyone could give me a parts list. Barrel, gas block, gas tube, bcg, charging handling, buffer tube and spring. Looking to build a mid grade gun something that will be accurate and reliable. It will be suppressed at one point. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Any idea if he is working tomorrow I can swing by than

I’m off Thursdays - Fridays. I’ll be in the shop this weekend, but I’m teaching an AR Armorer Course all weekend and won’t have much free time.

The guys that work for me at the shop can give you a hand if you don’t want to wait. I’ll be in the shop Monday - Wednesday next week.

A receiver set from Aero Precision is a good option if you’re looking to save some $.

An 11.5” or 12.5” Ballistic Advantage / Aero Precision Hanson barrel with pinned gas block is a great option. Around $180 for the barrel, with the pinned gas block. Gas port size needs to be verified, as well as gas block alignment. I recommend a carbine-length gas system in both those barrel lengths.

For a rail, the BCM MCMR, Troy SOCC, Aero R1, and Seekins NOXs are all great ones in the $150-$200 price range.

Milspec BCG’s by Microbest or AO Precision run $160. “Milspec+” would be a Microbest hard-chromed for $200. Stay away from NiB, nitride, and Fail Zero.

Fire control groups from SOLGW, ALG, Centurion Arms AST, LaRue and similar are all upgrades from milspec in the $70-$100 range. Up from there are various Geissele’s from $170-$244. Stay away from the drop-in/cartridge triggers.

If the Vltor A5 buffer system doesn’t break your bank, I highly recommend them. Otherwise, a solid milspec carbine buffer system.

Back
Top Bottom