AR Build

Crackerz

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
158   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting together my first AR. Not wanting to spend a lot on a first effort.
What are the best quality economical to moderately priced complete uppers and lowers, and where are the best places to find them?
I've got an idea for what I want from another member, but want to consider all the options.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited:
last I checked, Del Ton had rifle kits for like $465+shipping. All you would need is a stripped lower. They aren't the best stuff out there, but you could build a decent, bare bones rifle for around $550

linky: http://www.del-ton.com/ar_15_kits_s/1.htm

Del-Ton Stuff is good to go. I have build a few guns off of their parts kits. You will be more than satisfied.

I've actually thought about building a somewhat budget varmint gun from one of their kits. 20" with a gas block and a scope of some sort...and for the phrase we all love..wish I had the cash:rolleyes:

Do it right the first time... That's the best advice I could give you. I'm not saying spend an obscene fortune on your AR. Just don't pump junk into it. You'll wind up replacing it at additional cost over buying the right stuff the first go around. I would personally stick with mil-spec as much as possible. Tough to go wrong with Colt or Bravo Company. Just my $0.02.

You can build a quality AR for $600-ish with some effort and patience waiting out good deals on the right stuff. Good luck! Please let us know which route you end up taking!

Went this route myself but went with a stripped lower from Spike's tactical and an upper kit from Model1sales.com - was pretty happy with everything; got to build it like I wanted it and the upper was built before it was shipped to me (I had no problem building the lower but didn't have the tools to mount the barrel so this worked out better for me)

I wouldn't consider pinning a complete upper to a complete lower a "build" ;) I would look around and look for a decent deal on a complete rifle. this coming from a guy who has built dozens of ARs. You will end up spending around the same unless you really piece it together part by part. There is a glut on the market since the Obama scare. Most uppers and lowers and built by the same couple of companies...

Back
Top Bottom