• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 won't eject

Jguy69

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
47   0
Reaction score
All, I have an AR-15 that I cannot seem to get to eject. I've cleaned and oiled it, changed mags (ones that came with it and metal 30-round ones), changed ammo, and it will fire the first round and that's it. Any ideas? (Don't really want to throw it away!)

dont forget the buffer. lots of china buffers out there. when they hit the back of the buffer tube it spreads out,then it grabs the spring and will hamper cycling.
if you have another AR,just swap the buffer and see what happens....

Can you hand cycle the bolt to eject the rounds.

This. If so, load one round in a magazine and fire. Did the boot lock to the rear? If not check your gas block alignment. If that’s fine (which I can almost guarantee is not) move on to the other stuff that is being mentioned.

Had an AR15 in 7.62x39 start doing this. I had ripped/broken the hook of the extractor. New extractor and it has been 100% reliable since then. Pull your BCG out and take a quick look. Quick and Easy fix if this is the issue.

Try hand cycling. If it ejects a round, it's probably a gas issue causing the bolt not to cycle. If it doesn't eject, then it's the bolt. Make sure the bolt face isn't in backwards. I've seen it happen. If it is correctly installed, check the extractor spring.

You could also swap the bolt out of another AR if you have one, test fire and see if the issue persists.

Back
Top Bottom