AR-15 Need opinions on a value please

I purchased my NIB DTI 16" flat top for a lot less than $700 through a local dealer FYI, tell them to keep the accessories
4 Power Scope(Don't Know Brand)
BSA Red Dot Scope
Green Laser
Detachable Handle
Ergo Grip
Detachable Front and Rear Sights
Detachable Scope Riser
Carry Case

all this stuff listed along with the quad could be the cheapest crappiest stuff ever id say no more than $775 without knowing about the quad and resell the "extras"

they are great rifles, IMO ive got about 2300 rnds out w/o any issues except the mag they supply with the rifle is a reject GI mag and doesnt feed well. Good for failure drills

Last edited:
Del ton is good stuff. That said, I can build a del ton rifle for under 600 bucks.

Not right now you can't. They're sold out of everything. I had planned on building one but you can't buy what's not for sale. So I'm building another awesome AR pistol instead.

OP, it's worth $800 at best. I assume that your friend built this gun. Going by the parts list I'd say that he's very inexperienced in the AR world. The lack of name brands to go with the accessories tells me that it's loaded up with UTG, BSA, CAA , eBay, airsoft crap. SKIP on the deal. Look here and other websites for a better deal on a better gun. I know it's your friend but if you were looking for a car would you buy your friends freshly painted 72 Ford Pinto? Dont buy things from friends.......especially overpriced things that they have modified.

Not right now you can't. They're sold out of everything. I had planned on building one but you can't buy what's not for sale. So I'm building another awesome AR pistol instead.OP, it's worth $800 at best. I assume that your friend built this gun. Going by the parts list I'd say that he's very inexperienced in the AR world. The lack of name brands to go with the accessories tells me that it's loaded up with UTG, BSA, CAA , eBay, airsoft crap. SKIP on the deal. Look here and other websites for a better deal on a better gun. I know it's your friend but if you were looking for a car would you buy your friends freshly painted 72 Ford Pinto? Dont buy things from friends.......especially overpriced things that they have modified.
True that. UTGBSACAAEBayTapcoAdd nothing to the value of the gun. If you don't keep the original stuff, it actually lowers its value.

I just don't understand how one set of free float rails are worth tons more than utg's. Of course this doesn't include very unique rails I've seen, but it just seems that quad rails are quad rails and the only thing to take into consideration is appearance preferences and weight.

I just don't understand how one set of free float rails are worth tons more than utg's. Of course this doesn't include very unique rails I've seen, but it just seems that quad rails are quad rails and the only thing to take into consideration is appearance preferences and weight.
Quality and strength play a big role as does weight. A cheap rail isn't worth crap if its out of spec or it breaks under pressure.

Quality and strength play a big role as does weight. A cheap rail isn't worth crap if its out of spec or it breaks under pressure.

I've got a utg free float and their vfg, nothing about it out of spec and it takes the abuse I give my AR so far, but I'm about to drop some cash. on a lightweight free float that just has rails on the top and bottom. I Need some weight relief on my hbar rra carbine.

Last edited:
i've got a utg free float and their vfg, nothing about it out of spec and it takes the abuse i give my ar so far, but i'm about to drop some cash. On a lightweight free float that just has rails on the top and bottom. I need some weight relief on my hbar rra carbine.

purchased utg rail,some are chinese and some u.s.a.mine is the latter.today companies outsource to cut cost.

If the rifle is a delton, 700, no more. Accessories seem like cheap components and I doubt you're getting any high dollar equipment on a delton

Back
Top Bottom