• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR-15 Gas Block that is the same height as floating handguard?

kruuth

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
16   1
Reaction score
My neighbor has this neat m-lok floating handguard and a low profile gas block. The handguard's got a rail for his front sight, but we were wondering if there was a way to get a gas block that was the same height of the handguard to mount the front sight a little more forward. Does someone manufacture a gas block that is at the same height as the handguard that has a rail?

Another option is to keep the low profile gas block and go to a longer free-floated rail. That should let you get the front sight quite a bit further out than mounting it on the gas block, depending upon your barrel length and gas system length.

Another option is to keep the low profile gas block and go to a longer free-floated rail. That should let you get the front sight quite a bit further out than mounting it on the gas block, depending upon your barrel length and gas system length.
I'll let him know. I'm not certain what the deal is, he was showing it to me Saturday and was asking me. Not sure why but I think his idea is to make it look like one long piece

Ok had a talk with neighbor. He basically likes the idea of making it look like it's extended out(wtf) but not actually extending, so basically a gas block that sits at the same height as the forend

I think he likes the idea of the MK14 look. I think there was a DPMS LR308 similar to what he is going for as well. So it's not a new idea if I am reading it correctly.

This is not quite as high as the one on the LR308 with the 24 inch barrel. The gas block on the 24 inch job was the same height as the handguard. The reason is the handguard was round and the gas block had a rail section on top to mount a sight. Scroll down to the LR308 a few rifles down and you will see what I am referring to.

CMMG had these at one time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-04-22-06-54.png
    Screenshot_2022-06-04-22-06-54.png
    292.8 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom