Aquaponics, anyone here got one ?

I got the backyard aquaponics movies by Murray Hallam. Its big in Australia. I piddled around with it and hydroponics for a minute a couple years ago. Now I just got a pile of old aqua/hydro stuff laying around. Ill loan you the video if you want. If you get interested Ill make you a hell of a deal on equipment.

The reason I went from Aqua to Hydro is because of Georgia weather. You got to change fish types about 3 times a year and you have to have a huge tank to keep fish cool. Having a bigger tank equals more grow bed area i.e. per every gallon of water you need one inch of fish and 1 cubic foot of grow bed. It turns out being a massive amount of space you need to achieve all this on Aqua. Hydro worked out better but I didnt really have time to care for it the way it needed. Traveling for work and having baby. I tried Aqua for ~2 years and Hydro for ~1 year. I guess I know as much about it as anyone around.

There are a couple Hydro stores in Atl but they just sell stuff and are kinda shady. Nobody really does a lot of hydro here except for a lettuce farm in Cartersville. Its big in Australia where they use Barramundi fish and have the same hot ass weather most of the year. If I can help Id love to, unless you are growing pot which I got asked about frequently. Hell, even if you are Ill be happy to show you what I know as long as you dont tell me. PM me with any questions Ill try to answer or give you video or book that might help.

My bad, the lettuce farm is not even Aquuaponic its Hydro

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom