• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Applebees says no guns allowed

How about we all start going there and just after we are served we go OC. If they ask us to leave they just prepared food that they don't get paid for. Oops, sorry, didn't see the sign. No, I don't want a doggy bag and I didn't get to eat it so I'm not paying for it. BY!

I'd rather get my reheated fajitas and water-downed drafts elsewhere and move on. If you don't feel safe leaving your gun in your car while you have dinner in a room with 200 patrons in it, I think you should just stay home. Or, there are plenty of other places to eat. You guys are acting a bit overzealous if you ask me.

This is pretty funny, I went to Applebees on Saturday for the first time in probably 5 years. Was open carrying and didn't notice a sign (although I didnt look), didn't get any looks and didn't get asked to leave. I went with the intention of ordering food but after looking at the menu my girlfriend and I finished our drinks and went somewhere else. The food did not look at all like I remembered, really unimpressed with the menu selection.

So as others have said, their policy on carrying is just another reason not to go back.

I saw a similar sign at my local Taco Mac as well...didn't deter my CC in any way, shape, form or fashion. I wasn't drinking...which means my carry was legal until they ask me to leave.

I can see the negative correlation between alcohol and guns when taken together...so I understand their wishes. But they are alienating customers with their policies.

Every Taco Mac I've been to has this same sign on the door. Finally, I asked one of the managers why they don't allow firearms in their establishment. He responded that Taco Mac is considered a BAR first because the majority of their revenue comes from alcohol sales.

If that is the case, then it would be illegal for you to carry in their establishment. I would verify with your local Taco Mac establishment if this is the case. If it is, then I would advise you to stop carrying there or risk being arrested.

Just trying to watch out for ya, bro.

EDIT to add:

Just did some digging online and found that I was misinformed by a (presumably) misinformed manager. Taco Mac apparently is NOT considered a bar by state law and it is only unlawful to carry a firearm in their establishment after you've been asked to leave (in which case it is technically "trespassing" and doesn't actually have anything to do with you carrying the firearm).

So...go on ignoring the signs. Maybe it'll save your life (or one of Taco Mac's customers/employees) one day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom