AP5-P suppressor options ?

dakatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
I am ready to set up a trust and begin my NFA journey. My first choice will be a suppressor for an AP5-P

I Would like to get some feedback on suppressor options for AP5-P but also rated for 300BLK pistol.
I would like to have option of 3lug adapter for the AP5.
I was looking at the Lunar 9 because of its modular capabilities to run different lengths, but I am just not sold on its performance.
I will consider any other similar devices/options.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If this is the same as a sp89 you need to change out the locking piece to shoot the gun suppressed. Do a search for it to find out more info. I have a Griffin Optimus and have been very happy with it. Does everything from 22 to 300 win mag.

If this is the same as a sp89 you need to change out the locking shoulder to shoot the gun suppressed. Do a search for it to find out more info. I have a Griffin Optimus and have been very happy with it. Does everything from 22 to 300 win mag.
Yes I was assuming I might need a locking piece change. Thank you for confirming. and I will take a look at the Griffin

I've heard that the Wolfman 9 is good for subguns but DA is kinda in the dog house. Griffin Optimus 9 might be a good one, I know that's multicaliber.

I run an old TiRant9 on my MP5K and it sounds great but wouldnt mind something a little shorter
5e932221246d4f06ab5c5966fca5df4b_72189557_167999057717905_6309849925593717988_n.jpg

Ill add this. Do all suppressors are ok for some things but the best suppression will most likely come from a caliber specific can. Volume is key to suppression. The wolfman is pretty hard to beat and I've tested a bunch on the platform. The R9 and the rex MG7 .358 do almost as well to my ear, but tone and environment can fool you when shooting suppressed. I don't believe there is a "best answer" but you can get a "best for you" solution.

Wanting one for 300 blackout you'll have to consider what type of ammo and barrel length you plan on using, and what type of mount and is it compatible with the suppressor. Both the R9 and the MG7 are both threaded bravo, so they will take anyone's mount threaded the same. Cost is always a factor plus tax and tax stamp and its pretty much yours forever.

I'll give my .02 on the dead air wolfman; I love it. It was my first suppressor for exactly the same reasons: 9mm PCC and the ability to use it on 7.62x39 and 300 blackout. Short and long mode let me shoot it at the range extra quiet while keeping it maneuverable on a gun if needed. Sounds great on an MP5, K, banshee, Uzi, whatever I've put it on. Mixed round count somewhere between 12-1300 pistol and rifle calibers and it's running like a champ. I ultimately got another kgm 9mm and 2 30 cal cans, but the wolfman still gets the most use.

Back
Top Bottom