• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone owned a VZ2008?

I have owned several and still have at least one. As far as the dreaded "trigger gremlin" I was informed that if you get it, there is a fairly easy fix for those who do machining and certain generations will not have the issue. I will attempt to find the information on that, if needed.
When they were $399 at Palmetto State Armory and a few other places with multiple 30 round mags, bayonet, leather pouch, etc, I believe they were the best deal for a 7.62 x 39 rifle in the last decade.

The handguard does get hot, BUT there is a member here that sells (or at least used to sell?) an effective heat shield that isn't difficult to install and is not expensive. You can find accessories from time to time on different forums and some parts can be found on ebay as well. I got a wood stock for 1 on ebay and changed out the folding stock and it made it much more comfortable to shoot.

I absolutely love those rifles and would fill a safe with them if I could!

their cool but i'd only buy one at the old prices (350-399) after that i dont see any advantage over an entry market AK

I have had several including the D-technics VZ-58 model.
All shot very well..home made heat shield if you shoot it ALOT.
Later vz2008's were reliable but I never had any trouble out of any of them regardless of manufacture date.

Good buddy has one that we’ve shot ALOT. No issues other than the wood hand guard likes to catch fire.

Had one of these... Loved it... Great shooter and loads of fun...... If you shoot it for awhile, that front hand guard will get too hot to hold.

These was someone on ODT that was making shields that could be inserted between the hand guard and the barrel... That worked great...
It was just a small piece of sheet metal cut and curved to fit in there.. No big deal.
This solved the issue of the over heating...

Even entry level AK's are now in the $550-650 range, with a WASR every once in a while at $500

your seeing more of them at 500 now. i picked up a 74 last week for 500 so i'd find it pretty hard not to justify the little cost to get into a platform with readily available mags and parts.

now dont get it twisted im not hating on these rifles at all, i shot one a good bit that a buddy had and never had any issues out of it and if your looking for a 7.62 thats no an AK they are damn hard to beat. I just wish the prices were even close to what they were when they first hit.

Back
Top Bottom