Anyone own/drive a Kia Sorento?

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
282   0
Reaction score
Need to pick up a replacement vehicle for my college-age daughter. Took a look at a 2004 Kia Sorento, 6-cyl, 3.7L, 4x2.

Anything I need to know/be aware of with this model?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

For what its worth, I have a 2014 model and love it. Good cars IMO. They are everywhere, even the older ones.

My mother just put my 16 yr old sister in one, they are good cars. Had it looked over by many mechanics. Only issues is that on certain models have issues with the air bag light going on and off. But it was an easy fix for my cousin who is a fleet mechanic for the county.

I looked at a handful of them, 03-05, while helping my sister buy a new ride.

Everyone I looked at was junk. But it was caused by the owners, not the maker. The ones I looked at it was easy to see the owners seemed to have just put gas in it and drove it, and decided to try and sell it to me when that finally caught up with them.

I would have bought one had I found one that was taken care of.

One tool I use when car shopping is www.carcomplaints.com . Gives me an idea common problems with a certain car to look for when I look at a potential buy.

The 04 in question has very little complaints:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Kia/Sorento/

Yep, decent cars but were mostly bought by democrats that didn't maintain them. Just have it looked over good and see that the Carfax is good.

My wife has an 05 Kia Sorento that she bought in 06. It has been a good car. Just general maintenance, brakes, oil changes, etc.

Well there is one thing. The clock will not keep time but we don't care about that.

My wife has an 05 Kia Sorento that she bought in 06. It has been a good car. Just general maintenance, brakes, oil changes, etc. Well there is one thing. The clock will not keep time but we don't care about that.
Is it the clock won't keep time or wife doesn't know how to tell time? The clock in my KIA works fine, the wife just don't know how to use one. As far as the car goes we've had some suspension issues with it, it started just eating tires over the last year. I don't know if that was an issue from previous owner as we did buy used. Other than that its been good for the last 3 years.

Yep, decent cars but were mostly bought by democrats that didn't maintain them. Just have it looked over good and see that the Carfax is good.

Lol...

I think most people did that with Kias...with that 10 yr/100 warranty they are basically throw away cars that used to be cheap. What's the real motivation for someone to take care of it when they know once they run the warranty out they will just sell it and buy a new one?

Back
Top Bottom