• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

anyone on here close to ATL trim .223 brass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boregauge

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
Is their anyone close to Atlanta who trims brass for people? I have about 7000 rds that I cleaned and started to trim by hand and my ole hands just won't take much more cranking and I did try putting a drill on it and turnning it slowly but it seems to cut but also rolls the brass out even with a new cutter blade.I have to go thru all of it to determine exactly which ones really need trimming because I know all of them don't need it.I orderd a dillon trimmer and when I called yesterday the lady said you don't have an order with us,I told her she was full of crap because I called 3 weeks ago and the guy said I would have it in about 3 more weeks,I don't have to load it just yet but I would like to get at least started,I skipped over them and started loading .45 late last night and got 1000 done and have another thousand or so then I was planning to do the .223. I really don't want to buy the giruad but it looks like I might end up doing that if no one local trims brass at a reasonable price.if anyone knows hollar up. Thanks

I don't know "The going rate" so I used the word reasonable I guess I should have said preban price or pre panic price,verses I am rich and will pay anything to get these trimmed. :) what is the average rate that people charge IF YOU KNOW. maybe I should just wait for the dillon trimmer and swager to get here. and set it up on one of my other presses,I just didn't want my table having 4 presses mounted to it. Thanks everyone.

I use an RCBS powered unit with the three way cutter attachment. It trims, chamfers, and deburs in one pass.

I've had the power trimmer for more than ten years, just added the three way attachments in the last year or so. I wish I'd done it much sooner.

I use an RCBS powered unit with the three way cutter attachment. It trims, chamfers, and deburs in one pass.

I've had the power trimmer for more than ten years, just added the three way attachments in the last year or so. I wish I'd done it much sooner.

Yep the 3 way cutter Rocks wish i had one years ago. its a must if you reload much

well an update ,my trimmer and swager it got here beginning of the week. I set it up and it works great. I thought I was going to have to do a lot of chamfering but I just put the brass back thru the tumbler again and all the burs if any were gone, I finished a 5 gal bucket of .223 even while staying at the hospital while my wife got her knee replaced this last week. I should of bought the trimmer and swager years ago.Thanks to everyone for their answers to my question.

Last edited:
As for the the burs left by the trimmer, I use a bench top drill press with a 1/2 inch nut driver chucked into the quill. Inside the nut driver I pack it full of #000 fine steel wool. Start up the drill press and just touch the mouth of the case to the wool packed nut driver. Takes about one and a half seconds per case. Smooth as a well oiled baby's butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom