• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

anyone married 10+ years

how has your marriage stood the test of time?

• commitment

Votes: 82 74.5%
  • avoiding important issues with seclusion and binge drinking

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • tacos

Votes: 11 10.0%

• Total voters
Just hit 30yrs on Memorial Day

Trust

Separate bank accounts/bills (borrowing from one another/helping one another always)

Never go to bed without sorting your problems out

It is always ok to look, just dont order

27 yearz and thingz are REAL bad right now sadly.....:dispirited:

Years 20 through 27 were bad. I felt like I was going through a test, to see if I was serious and would stick it out.

I told her I was committed to her and wasn't going anywhere, but I loved her too much to see her that unhappy. I gave her permission to leave as it was clear to me that I wasn't able to make her happy and I couldn't bear to see her that unhappy any longer

Things started to turn around after that conversation. Sometimes I think that women get into their heads there is no way a guy would put up with a lot of the crap they can put us through, so they actively push to see if their greatest fear will come true. Usually they push until it does, confirming they were right all along.

If you stand firm to your commitment and give them permission to leave, either they will, or the testing will stop. Both ways life gets better.

Mine stopped testing.

Other recent events have shaken our world to the core. I can only say those have made our relationship stronger rather than tearing us apart. I am afraid to imagine what life would be like if the testing had not ended years ago.

Back
Top Bottom