Anyone know the name of the outdoor range in Lula?

Long Description:

Shooting Range: Wilson Shoals WMA
Facilities: Covered shooting area. 75-yard range. There is an onsite range safety officer.

Directions: I-85 N from Atlanta to I-985 N (to Gainesville)
I-985 becomes Hwy 365 north of Gainesville
From exit 24 (last exit # on I-985) continue on Hwy 365 N 11 miles
Turn right on Mud Creek Road ( gas, food & goodies station at the intersection)
Go 1 mile, turn left on Old Cornelia Hwy
Go 0.1 miles, turn right on Yonah Road
Go 2.1 miles to Wilson Shoals WMA entrance on left
This is a gravel road (N34 24.132 W83 35.795) and not well marked. There is a large wooden sign announcing "Wilson Shoals WMA." The range is not marked or advertised, but it is on the right about 0.3 miles down the gravel road.

Range Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 9:00 am-7:00 pm or sunset, whichever is earliest
Tuesday: 12:00 pm-7:00 pm or sunset, whichever is earliest
Sunday: 12:00 pm-5:00 pm

GoogleMap of Shooting Range location

Range Type: Outdoor

Shooting Ranges Available: 1

Archery / 3D: no

Pistol: yes

Rifle: yes

Shotgun / Skeet: no

Access: Open to the Public

Free of charge: yes

Cost: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Hunting Available: yes

What can you hunt here?:
deer and small game on the WMA

Address of Range:
Grant Mill Rd.
Alto, GA USA

Hours of Operation: Not listed

If "Membership Only" Provide Point of contact / location, how to become a member?: Not listed

Related Website: Not listed

Not sure which range I'm talking about. Heard a few people mention a outdoor range in Lula. I live in Cuuuuummins, somewhat new to the area and looking to 0 a .308. Based on the topo around here Im thinking 100 yards will be the appropriate distance needed.

Wilson shoals is the only range in Lula other than the prison. It's 75 yards to the back berm, nice covered shooting area with tables and chairs, all you'll need is a sand bag to rest your rifle. Range officers are great guys, there are brooms for cleaning up provided no charge for using it. To get there for you, go to Gainesville and get on 985 north go till you see the Virgo gas station on your right on the corner of mud creek rd. Turn right go to the end of the rd and turn left, go first rd on right (75 yds) turn right Wilson shoals wma sign on left about 2 miles really wide gravel entrance runs you right into the range.

Not sure which range I'm talking about. Heard a few people mention a outdoor range in Lula. I live in Cuuuuummins, somewhat new to the area and looking to 0 a .308. Based on the topo around here Im thinking 100 yards will be the appropriate distance needed.
Wilson Shoals is a good range but only 75yds you need to check out River Bend Gun Club they have a 600yrd range plus pistol and shotgun ranges. It is located near you in Dawsonville off Yellow Creek Rd.

I nneed to check out Wilson Shoals someday. Most of my shooting lately is with pistols, so 25-50 yards is as much as I'll need anyway. I do prefer to shoot outdoors.

I nneed to check out Wilson Shoals someday. Most of my shooting lately is with pistols, so 25-50 yards is as much as I'll need anyway. I do prefer to shoot outdoors.

I lived in Gainesville 10 years ago or so and shot there a ton. It's a nice little range and you can't beat the price.

Back
Top Bottom