• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know if the Chattahoochee National Forest in Blairsville is open

The Russian

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
88   0
Reaction score
I have been planing a camping trip with some friends for almost 2 months now and I'm a little confused about this shutdown bs. We were going to camp on the Blairsville side of Blood Mountain and I'm not sure if the campgrounds are national forest or WMA land. Even if its national forest land I am still going camping until a ranger threatens me otherwise. The government may be shut down but that didnt stop the IRS from taking the taxes out of my damn paycheck.

I would highly advise against going on federal land, it could be up to a $500 fine and/or 6 months in jail for just hiking the trails maybe same for pitching a tint ormaybe worse.

I say go. You won't get in any trouble if you don't cross any posted, keep out or other such closed signs. Some friends of mine went last week end and didn't have any problems. (Except for a little rain!!!!)

Man...I hope they don't close the Chattahoochee National Forest in Blue Ridge. I live slap in the middle of it and the only way to my house is down a forestry service road. There are some camp sites down by the lake below my house. It's free to camp but there are no toilets, electricity or running water so you actually have to camp.

I was in the Chatt. Nat forest on Tray mtn which is close to Helen this past weekend by Unicoi state park. No barriers anywhere and prob 2-5 campers. Forestry div roads were wiiiiide open

Go anyway and say FTW?
Seriously, if you encounter any barricades move them out of the way and carry on. A little disobedience is good for the soul and spirit.

Back
Top Bottom