Anyone have T-Mobile or AT&T? Then check this out!

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
276   0
Reaction score
I found what I think is a pretty cool cell phone company. I've read a lot of reviews on them and folks seem to be pretty happy with them, and I have been using them for a week and am more than pleased so far.

They are called Solavei and they use T-Mobile's network for their service, so anyone with T-mobile or AT&T can bring their phone over to them. You can also use the new Nexus 4 from Google on their network and get T-mobiles "4G" on it. You can buy the Nexus 4 outright and unlocked for $299 straight from google.

It's unlimited calls, texts, and data for $49 a month (throttled at 4GB) and no contract. I've been testing it out over the last week and the internet is very fast, and actually much faster than Sprint's in some places.

The cool thing with their service is you can recruit people and get discounts on your bill. For every three people you refer you get $20 a month off your bill every month, and if you get 9 or more people you start getting paid by them every month.

If anyone is interested in it here is my referral link: http://www.solavei.com/tdavis4319

I've been using them in a new unlocked Google Nexus 4 for two months now and can't say enough good things about the signal and price. Also, the Google Nexus 4 is a great phone.....I purchased the Google Orb too which allows for wireless charging.

With Solavei, even if you don't get referrals to compliment your monthly billing, it's a square deal well worth the $49.00/month cost.

Last edited:
Is there an actual retail store? Or do they mail you a simcard to put in your existing phone. Have you had any deadspots? Sounds like a great deal.

I'll jump in here for ya OS....

1. I have used the service for 2 months and experienced no dead spots. I have travelled to SC & FL in that time and had no issues there either. Remember this is essentially T-Mobiles network so see a T-Mobile map for coverage. It is accurate. T-Mo has rolled out HSPA+ (I call it faux G) in a lot of markets but truthfully it's not everywhere yet. Check their coverage map. I have been a speedtest addict and from Cartersville to McDonough I have been averaging 12 meg connections.

2. I was assigned a Rome number and wanted a GA number....called customer service and they took care of me. I changed my service address to my office and got a 404 number.

3. You CAN keep your same number....it's called porting and you can port your number to Solavei. I ported mine to Google Voice and now can forward that number to any number I choose.

Is there an actual retail store? Or do they mail you a simcard to put in your existing phone. Have you had any deadspots? Sounds like a great deal.

They just send you a sim card, no retail stores that I know of. It will have the same deadspots as any phone on T-mobile so you can just check T-mobile's coverage maps.

How is the customer service? That's a biggie for me. I have Verizon but I have an ATT tower less than a mile from the house that gives us our 4g internet

I can't say for sure as I haven't needed anything.

Are you looking for recruits? :)

Heck yes!

Can you keep the same #?

Yeah, you can port it over from any other cell phone provider, I moved my number from Sprint to Solavei and it only took about 6 hours for it to port over.

Back
Top Bottom