Anyone have experience with poachers ?

LOL, some people love to retaliate in various ways and live for the chance, are you ready for some of that over a $50 stand and a deer or two ? Stop and think about it, do you even know the person that did this ? I think you'd been better off catching them in the act, aleast then you'd have name to fall back on, now your at their mercy not knowing. Thats why I said, I would have left him a note and Ph # giving him a chance to move it preventing trouble on both sides. Its not worth any of my barns / buildings/ timber to go up in flames over a property line mixup. There's no dought the law is on your side doing what you did but will/can they protect your property 24/7 ?

You're right, it's my property and I don't have any "barns or buldings" and if he wants to burn the timber then he's also an arson. since I live an hour away I'm not at anyone's mercy. You seem for some reason fail to recognize I'm dealing with a POACHER that is trespassing on MY property to do it. You seem to want to give a scumbag, the benefit of the doubt. I wonder how quick you'd be to over look it if it were your property. What if his stray bullet hit a house in the wrong direction and kills or injures someone while poaching on MY property.
There's a reason trespassing AND poaching are illegal, not to mention illegal dumping of used motor oil poured out onto the ground. I'm sure you'd over that look too, right ?
To answer your question, YES, I'm ready for mr poacher to retaliate. Now that I know I'm legally allowed and even ENCOURAGED by the Ranger to REMOVE the stand of the POACHER I did just that. I followed the ADVICE of a RANGER and removed the deer stand, I'm not giving it back either.
It's done, it's gone, I took it and traded it for an simple pocket knife because I can. Daniel was nice enough to drive out with me and , take it down, load it up and haul it off.
I'm curious WHY you're so adamant about giving a poacher a "chance" to move their stand , so they can go set up some place else and poach someone else's property ? My property has been around since the beginning of time, it doesn't need someone there 24/7 "protecting" it.
It's rare to see someone rally for the bad guy, I'm blown away.

You're right, it's my property and I don't have any "barns or buldings" and if he wants to burn the timber then he's also an arson. since I live an hour away I'm not at anyone's mercy. You seem for some reason fail to recognize I'm dealing with a POACHER that is trespassing on MY property to do it. You seem to want to give a scumbag, the benefit of the doubt. I wonder how quick you'd be to over look it if it were your property. What if his stray bullet hit a house in the wrong direction and kills or injures someone while poaching on MY property.
There's a reason trespassing AND poaching are illegal, not to mention illegal dumping of used motor oil poured out onto the ground. I'm sure you'd over that look too, right ?
To answer your question, YES, I'm ready for mr poacher to retaliate. Now that I know I'm legally allowed and even ENCOURAGED by the Ranger to REMOVE the stand of the POACHER I did just that. I followed the ADVICE of a RANGER and removed the deer stand, I'm not giving it back either.
It's done, it's gone, I took it and traded it for an simple pocket knife because I can. Daniel was nice enough to drive out with me and , take it down, load it up and haul it off.
I'm curious WHY you're so adamant about giving a poacher a "chance" to move their stand , so they can go set up some place else and poach someone else's property ? My property has been around since the beginning of time, it doesn't need someone there 24/7 "protecting" it.
It's rare to see someone rally for the bad guy, I'm blown away.

I dont think he is taking up for him .

All I can say is that I have some North Georgia trout stream property with "NO TRESPASSING" signs all over. I have to keep it mowed, so this one time I'm mowing, and I see some fly equipment laying at the edge of the stream. That pisses me off, and I put it in my truck. I continue mowing, and a guy comes up looking for his fishing rod...... I tell him to get his as_ off my property that He lost his fishing rod. He looks around, and I get off my mower, and tell him I'm going to kick his as_ if He doesn't leave; that's He's trespassing. He left right away. That's MY property!

Back
Top Bottom