Anyone ever go to Starlight Drive-In Theater????

jeepinshep

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
Getting tired of the same old humdrum dates with the wifey, I decided maybe it is time to visit Starlight Drive-In in Decatur.

But I have a couple questions for anyone who has gone:

1. Should I get there when the gates open at 7 (since movies don't start til 9)? Or will I still be able to get a "good spot" if I arrive a little later?

2. Is it better to park close to the screens so you can see better, or park farther out so you can leave quicker once the movies are over?

3. All the screens have a double feature, and I know you can't hop from one screen to another. But can you leave after the first feature if you have no interest in watching the second?

4. How sketchy is the area? Am I gonna get mugged while I'm there?

Any insight anyone can offer would be awesome. Thanks!

back when I lived down there...and we use to go to the cemetery in the back in high school...kinda hood now...I would be strapped...I'd honestly just say go to a normal theater

I dont know any of the detailed answers your looking for jeep but I have some buddies that go quite a bit with their wives and children and never have an issue.

It is definitely hood, that whole area around Moreland and Lakewood Ave is definitely watch your back territory, especially after dark. I have only been to the drive-in once but we arrived late and still got a decent spot. Had no issues getting out when the movies are over and yes you can leave whenever.

Thanks for the responses.

Also....has anyone been to the Swan Drive-In in Blue Ridge? Both theaters are about equidistant from me, so I could go either way if they're comparable in quality. Though, if I had a choice, I think I'd rather face the North Georgia hillbillies than the South Atlanta thugs.....

Never been to drive-in except on weekends when they had flea markets on the property. I used to do real estate in that area, buying , selling, renovating, renting houses. Always went with G.23 and stayed aware. That was daytime. I personally wouldn't enjoy doing the drive-in at night, particularly with wife or date. There must be a better creative date. I admire the thought behind it, but wouldn't want to loose you.

Thanks for the responses.

Also....has anyone been to the Swan Drive-In in Blue Ridge? Both theaters are about equidistant from me, so I could go either way if they're comparable in quality. Though, if I had a choice, I think I'd rather face the North Georgia hillbillies than the South Atlanta thugs.....

I haven't been to the drive-in in Blue Ridge, but I know BR. I agree the choice.

By the way, can you squeal like a pig???

My wife and I have been to the one in Blue Ridge 2 or 3 times. We got there a little before the movies starting playing and had no problem getting a decent spot. There is a concession stand that is in between two of the parking lots, try and park in front of it if you can. Nice little setup they have. Matter of fact, we may head back that way soon.

Back
Top Bottom