Anyone ever done a 8to4 job on an SKS??

Nut Nat

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
60   1
Reaction score
image.jpg

I received this Sks in a trade and wasn't told it was trimmed and crowned at 14". Had a "pipe" for a "flash hider". Anyhow. I welded a muzzlebrake on that brought it to legal length. I've had some feed issues with but seems to be pretty accurate. The only magazines I've tried have been Tapco 20rd mags. I tried stretching the springs in them to see if that helps. Helps some but every now and then experiencing feed problems. Has anyone ever done a 8 o'clock o 4 o'clock "feed ramp" and polishing. Looking for opinions on doing it. Not the opinions of "get and Ak". This is a project toy and I have had fun with it but a fella is aching to buy it. I don't like to get rid of something until it's 100% up to par.....any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You may not have enough pressure to work the action with that barrel. I would get a stock fixed 10 round magazine and go from there.

I got some used steel mags that you can try if you want. I'll bet you a dollar the shortened barrel combined with the compensator do not allow enough gas to assist the bolt back as hard as it should and your short strokin, thats' what you be doin.

I got some used steel mags that you can try if you want. I'll bet you a dollar the shortened barrel combined with the compensator do not allow enough gas to assist the bolt back as hard as it should and your short strokin, thats' what you be doin.
Yep, didn't even think about that.

Lol. Short strokin!! Story of my life. It doesn't do it but every 10rds or so. When it does malfunction it's with the round being wedged at the bottom of the barrel and not making it into the chamber.

Back
Top Bottom