Anyone else getting fed up with trying to buy a home?

ch035

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Well I moved back to Duluth now I'm looking for a house and it is hard! All the nice homes priced right get bought instantly! I've bid over asking price and still lost, I'm about to break down and buy a new construction if I loose this bid I'm currently on. My agent says the market is only about 1/4 of what it should be so houses in sought after school districts go quick. Anyone else going through the same deal?

I had the same problem in newnan 1.5 years ago. Just keep looking and you will find what your looking for. Best of luck to you cause it can be very frustrating.

I feel your pain. I looked at about 30 houses before I found this one and made several offers on others that I had liked. I was countered by some, rejected by a few etc, etc, etc. I even made an offer on one that I really liked and they countered with a higher price that it was offered for to begin with. I was so frustrated. But, I had all of my ducks in a row, my portfolio with all of my records, my lender was actually waiting on me. Then, the right place fell in my lap and I offered $5,000 lower than they wanted and wanted them to pay closing and bam, they accepted my first offer and they paid closing. Since the house was empty, I closed in two weeks and moved in on the third week. It can be very frustrating for sure. Only advice I can give you is to be patient. Patience, patience, patience,,,
Good luck with your search.

Same here brother. Seems like every home I try and put a offer on, has 30 offers in a matter of weeks! Keep your chin up! I know how you feel! My realtor said there should be lots more hitting the market after election time.

My Dad is trying to buy a house out here close. Hes gone in several times with the asking price and cash to be turned away in a bidding war. Realtor tells us that houses in short sell are listed at whats owed the bank on them but highest offer gets them. Hes bid on ~20 houses that way, so youre not alone.

Back
Top Bottom