Anyone else get their property tax statement today?

Astro glide......

astro-dog-walk.gif

Im in Hall also, I just opened mine, appraised value went up 30k, It went up last year by 50k, My taxes owed has gone up 65% in the last 2 years. Im turning 65 this year and planned to retire but aint no way I can now, I gotta keep working to pay the man to give me the shaft!

I live in Hall County and have had the tax increases year after year. Finally spent the time to appeal few years back.
1. Have to return the tax assessment with reason for appeal.
2. Have to appear before a board of local "taxpayers"....worthless bunch of ***holes playing buddy buddy with the appraiser. Denied my appeal but kept the tax rate locked with no increase for 2 years.
3. Final option is to appeal to the Ga Supreme Court...would definitely do that next time.
Got a partial reduction for turning 65 but bigger one this year at 70 +...no school tax. Not every county does that.

When I lived in town I would grab flyers / web posts from every house on sale in the hood. Are very useful in dispute hearings to be able to show high dollar houses had high dollar improvements. I would take pics of my place as comparison. Was able to stay behind the high curve of value. It still went up but much slower

It will get to the point where over the life of the ownership of land….you will pay more in tax than the land costs. That is shameful !
My cars are the same way.
A couple years worth of insurance cost more than the car .

My house went up as well.
And I’m doing a significant addition that’s gonna run the taxes up some more .

Back
Top Bottom