Anyone besides me doing Appleseed this weekend?

What range are you going to?

I'm helping out at a private shoot for a couple Boy Scout troops this weekend.

Is this your first one? What rifle are you bringing?

I definitely recommend a 22lr for the 25m event, especially if it's your first. You will want a good sling also, preferably a GI or one that allows you to form a loop. The sling and natural point of aim are the focus of Appleseed marksmanship. It's pretty amazing what you can do when you figure out how to lock into that sling. It takes practice, though.

Blue Ridge for me, CR.

I'm bringing a 10/22 for certain and maybe a 20" AR if I can part with that much ammo, Freedom.

Yes, first one and I feel way under prepared, but going anyway.

I think Morpheus runs that one. He's a terrific instructor and even better orator.

Do you have tech sights or a similar aperture set up on the 10/22? It's not necessary, but makes absorbing the training much easier. I have much respect for anyone that can score rifleman with stock 10/22 sights, because I can't come anywhere near it with open sights. Definately bring the AR.

My eyes are terrible do I broke down and scoped both rifles, but I will have a spare with irons just in case.

Never had any formal training with rifles so I'm really jazzed about the weekend.

I used to think the same thing. I first shot rifleman with a scoped AR at my 3rd seed and never thought I would be able to do it with irons. Since becoming a volenteer, I've scored with irons on the 25m line and KD. If you persist, you will be surprised what's possible. Good luck, don't get discouraged and turn that scope power as low as it will go. Give us a review afterwards and let us know how you did.

Back
Top Bottom