Anybody know what this weed is and how to kill it?

ole ed

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
It's kind of waxy so roundup will work if you add soap to it. But you have to spray so Mich it kills the grass for three feet around. I get most of it but, it comes back every year.
0419210840a.jpg
0419210840a.jpg
0419210840.jpg

I have that crap every where. I think it came in some flower arrangements that my wife got several years ago as filler. It’s kudzu in disguise. I tried pulling it, round up but it is along fence and house foundation. I also would like info

I have that crap every where. I think it came in some flower arrangements that my wife got several years ago as filler. It’s kudzu in disguise. I tried pulling it, round up but it is along fence and house foundation. I also would like info

Use a phone app worry where a botanist identifies it for you. Like flower checker. They work perfect.

RoundUp is good for grass and weeds. The active ingredient in it is: Glyphosate. It will not be very effective on anything else. The products Home Depot and Lowe's carry will have a very low percentage. Try to find an herbicide that contains a minimum of 43% Glyphosate. I believe the strongest and fastest acting is around 73%.

The herbicide you are looking for to kill the plant in your picture is called: Crossbow. It is a post emergent for plants, brush, and broadleaf. Instead of using soap as your surfactant, use diesel fuel. It should have the mixing ratio on the product label unless the EPA has made them take it off. Another good herbicide for this type of foliage is: Remedy Ultra. If the plant is in your lawn or any location where you want grass to grow, minimize your overspray and only target the leaves.

If it is location where you do not want anything to grow, after spraying with Crossbow, wait seven days and spray with the herbicide: Pramitol 25E. It is a nonselective pre and post emergent that will sterilize the soil. Nothing will grow in that area for one year or greater.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom