• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody Gonna Try The New Taurus TX22?

I like the idea of a .22 LR training gun that has the same look, same feel, and same controls (all the buttons and levers are in the same places and work the same way) as the centerfire defensive pistol that you own or will buy next.

That being said, my experience having both a Walther P99 and a P22 was disappointing. My Walther P22 was only reliable for the first 500-1000 rounds of use, and after that DESPITE regular cleaning and lubrication, it kept having jamming issues and needed to go back to the factory for warranty work. I eventually sold it right after I got it back from factory servicing.

Will the Taurus hold up? Or will it be a jam-o-matic and a headache that makes new gun owners get a case of "buyer's regret" ?? We will see.

Dahlonega G&P had some a couple weeks ago

Attachments

• 20190316_112420.jpg
    20190316_112420.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 27
View attachment 2068616 I ended up trying it out. Right out of the box 200 rounds suppressed with my sig 22 can and not a single problem. It being a full size and with the grip texture it fits my large hands very well. First Taurus I’ve ever bought but I’m happy with it so far.
So, tell us a bit about the trigger, how does it feel? What's your impressions?

Just bought one an hour ago. Have fired 80 rounds. Sights were terrible out of the box and had to be pushed all the way up and to the right in order to hit center. Was shooting low left out of box. Hollow point rounds were not friendly. Regular Remington thunderbolts ran like water. The trigger is ok, not at all sloppy but a bit too heavy. Reset is pretty quick. I'm easily hitting my 60 foot 10" steel target every time one handed rapid fire. It's not one for the record books but if you like shooting 22lr it's a winner. Very lightweight, I may use this for carry occasionally. Just not with hollow point ammo. 16 rounds of 22lr in a very lightweight package that hits it's target every time one handed is not a bad thing. 320 out the door at Academy.

I already have a Sig P250-22 so a TX might be
too similar to justify acquisition cost. If local
range has TX for rent be tempting to compare.
That $240 price tag sounds pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom