• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody ever had luck killing yellow jackets

Had them in my hose winder under the deck near the back door.. Huge nest. Chased me into the house. Got a can of spray killer. Was able to unwind the hose enough to nuke them from the screen door. Survivors still tried to get into the house. Found two in the basement still twitching.

Now I mix up a mix of fire and, termite and bug killer for mounds and holes. Nothing ever lives after getting dosed with that mix. Just have to wear PPE.

Actually found the queen and a handful of drones but forgot to snap a picture before covering the hole up.
20AC6965-7314-445F-B2B9-75F08D9607EC.jpeg
5998EF5A-DA87-4960-A916-C5E13900330B.jpeg

I had them going into my wall on my front porch, went out one morning with a cup of coffee just minding my own business and I thought someone put a red hot poker to the top of my bare feet.
I killed the whole nest with a fly flap by sitting in the rocking chair on the front porch and killing them one at a time as they would return to the nest. It took me about 2 weeks but it was most satisfying.
I guess you could say I'm OCD and vindictful....

Dug up the other nest in the front yard a couple days ago. There was still a couple of drones moving around. Nest size was about the same as the first.

I've had good luck going out after its good and dark with red flash light. I find the nest hole and douse the guards good with wasp freeze. If its close to the house I fill the hole with a large dose of delta dust and plug the opening. If its away I use gas or brake cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom