• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any other watch collectors out there ?

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Well , after a long and exciting road I decided my gun buying had to be drastically reduced . That being said it left a hole . I like firearms mainly for the mechanics of it . I find it fascinating that something so elaborate can be so reliable . Watches to me are no different. There are so many it’s tough to decide .

While Rolex watches are nice they are also extremely overrated . I like my submariner but I don’t care for the GMT master ii even though I thought I would. Rolex watches don’t really do anything special other than ooo and ahhh you but like a really hot female you eventually get tired of their crap as they outlive their usefulness quickly . It’s funny to me when I spot a watch that can go to 3,000 meters even though I’d die at that depth . At least I can time how long I take to implode ?

While I thought it would take a lot to find the perfect watch for me ... I was shocked to find it didn’t at all . So far out of the thousands of dollars spent ... my favorite watch to date costs less than $500. Who knew ?

What is your favorite ?

Mine is the contemporary Junghans form C . It’s super thin and light weight . The band is amazing . Very soft . These can be had for less than $500 . Citizen and a few others make some awesome titanium watches so don’t make the mistake of thinking a awesome watch has to cost more than a boat

Junghans made the torpedo stopwatches used on the Nazi uboats as well as the clocks on many luftwaffe aircraft so that naturally is how I discovered this brand .
68A0A64D-B5B3-4CA6-A6EC-A873EA5FD7DF.jpeg

8A17EFC1-C4A0-409A-AC82-B74319774653.jpeg

The Rolex submariner is a good watch . It’s also the only Rolex id recommend to anyone. All the rest are highly overrated and are not anymore exciting or useful than the sub . They also recently changed the lume to a bluish color which sucks .
47F2D4A9-2FA3-4A8B-80F9-60E8BE6CFD29.jpeg
29B74F2E-2024-4831-AF9F-B819273D85B5.jpeg

I only have one more to go at this time . This is the ball hYdrocarbon Aerogmt ii . They use over 40 tritium bulbs to make the lume . So it should be a good one but it’s on preorder so I gotta wait for it to arrive sometime in October
C11E447D-3160-4397-B49E-2681BAB0FB1B.jpeg

There's a huge thread dedicated to watches but can't find it with the horrible search function.

image (14).jpeg

Love my automatic Tag but everyone knows they are garbage...100 year old Swiss rifle in the back ground.

There's a huge thread dedicated to watches but can't find it with the horrible search function.

View attachment 1765100

Love my automatic Tag but everyone knows they are garbage...100 year old Swiss rifle in the back ground.
That is a nice one . There is something about automatic watches that appeal to me the most. I like those over any other watch.

I dont like to piggy back off old threads. I like to let them die.

That is a nice one . There is something about automatic watches that appeal to me the most. I like those over any other watch.

I dont like to piggy back off old threads. I like to let them die.

Picked my Tag up when on vacation in Switzerland - haven't seen one like it in the states.

Yeah, the automatics just feel like what Swiss quality should be.

Back
Top Bottom