• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any other Lotus owners??

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
My Jag got totaled just before Christmas and I decided to replace it with something a little more 'fun'. I definitely miss the luxury of the Jag, but the ride of this little street legal go kart from Hethel leaves me smiling even when I just take it to the store!

I was stuck between this Lotus Elan and a 964 Coupe for roughly the same price....then I drove the Lotus!
i179.photobucket.com_albums_w317_spcterry_20140310_135144_zpsapvlwcu7.jpg

Ironically, right after buying her, I ended up parked next to a 964 Cab
i179.photobucket.com_albums_w317_spcterry_2014_02_22_2013.45.43_zpstxnfmotf.jpg

2300lbs of fiberglass and a wee bit of steel!

Actually it's a front engine, if you can believe that given the size of the nose, AND front wheel drive....only front wheel drive Lotus ever made, still handles better than a 964.
It's an Isuzu based power plant at 1.6 turbocharged liters...from the factory it's 160 hp....with the very minimal mods mine has it's about 190hp

Friend of mine drives one of these. Little yellow Elise. Takes it to Barbers(?) I think and runs it. I haven't taken him up yet on borrowing it. Yet. BTW, nice car.
www.zastavki.com_pictures_originals_2014_Auto___Lotus_Yellow_Lotus_Elise_058250_.jpg

I like it because it is uncommon. I remember these when they were new, and you don't see them much anymore.

Only 530ish brought to the states, probably around 400 still on the road and from what I've seen the majority of those are in California.

The unique factor was a big selling point as well as the fact that parts are pretty readily available for all the major stuff (stupid minor stuff might keep you waiting a few weeks for it to come in from the UK)

The Elise is a beast on a tight track, there's a lady that runs one at Roebling and destroys guys in $100k+ Porsches......until the straight.

Back
Top Bottom