• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any one have 1st hand opinions of CZ 457 Varmint ....

I have the 455 varmint model 22LR and 22WMR barrel set. Very pleased with the rifle, the adjustable trigger works well. Taking time to pick the best grouping .22 round will be the hardest decision to make with this rifle. The 457 varmint model should work great for you in rimfire precision or benchrest. For an entry into this type of shooting the rifle will be all you can ask for at its price point.

... in any of the variants. https://cz-usa.com/product-category/rifles/rimfire/page/2/
Pros, cons?
Looking for a benchrest rifle and no I don't have Vudoo or even Anschutz money at the moment.

Several years ago, my shooting buddy picked up a CZ-452 American w/sporter-weight bbl (not the same, but bear with me). He did extensive testing at 50 yards and it consistently grouped .25"-.5" with nearly every ammo he tried, std or hi-vel (and he's not a benchrest shooter). Consistently beat my old Kimber 82 Varmint, which is very ammo dependent.

My only criticism was the trigger, but a rimfirecentral.com user sold a simple spacer/spring kit to improve that greatly. CZ may have improved their triggers since then.

The biggest disadvantage is the magazine, and lack of a receiver base that's of American dimensions...or a pic rail. It's not a huge deal when dealing with rimfire recoil, but it's a n extra point of tolerance stacking and/or failure.

The biggest disadvantage is the magazine, and lack of a receiver base that's of American dimensions...or a pic rail. It's not a huge deal when dealing with rimfire recoil, but it's a n extra point of tolerance stacking and/or failure.
Talley makes CZ rimfire rings. The Burris Signature rimfire rings should also work.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom