• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any of yall into water cooled VW vans?

Well we definitely plan on selling it. All the cabinets and appliances have been unbolted and piled up inside. I have no idea why the previous owner did that. But yes, if I were keeping it I would toss all that stuff and use it as a regular van.

I'm betting that if you post the interior stuff on an enthusiast site you'll get good money for it. It probably isn't often that someone chooses to gut this type of van, and spare interior parts aren't easy to come by.

You probably already know but I'll mention it anyway. All things Volkswagen can be found on the Samba.com. These campers are crazy expensive on there too.

I didn't know that. I assumed there were plenty of places to get body and mechanical parts, standard interior stuff. I figured camper stuff would be more difficult.

Whatever you decide keep us updated on the build.

Based on this van being a Westfalia model, you will probably get far more for it in working condition with the camper interior than you could by parting it out.

Well I listed it on CL Atlanta yesterday and today a guy called me from Colorado. He saw it listed for $2400 and has to have it. He is gonna do the Subaru engine conversion which seems like a very good idea. How much legal Colorado weed would that be?:hippie:

Not bad. You idnt have to hold that one very long.

Yes,that's the kind I dig. And even better,we didn't have to take it to a VW mechanic. I also really like the first gen body style Rav 4s like the one we're trading for. The guy that's getting it has had one before and knows exactly what he's getting into. So I feel good about where it's going. Now I don't have to hear any BS about selling someone a broke down van. Cause you know I got that reputation about being a douche used car salesman.:cool:

I've bought and sold a few cars over the years, mostly because because it gave me he chance to try out different stuff. I always liked unique cars like this one, because there is always somebody looking for one and they are easy to sell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom