• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Martial Artists In Here?

Flatblack79

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
1   0
Reaction score
Looking into maybe starting out in some form of Martial Arts for some open handed skills along with the exercise, and mental benefits. Im 25, 320 lbs, and looking into BJJ or some form of Krav Maga, Kajukinbo, etc combat fighting.

Anyone in here practice any? Any suggestions for studios/ instructors anywhere from Mcdonough to Kennesaw close to I-75?

I have in the past, although I must admit I haven't done anything in nearly 15 years. But yeah in my late teens to early 20's I did Tae Kwon Do which most folks will say isn't a good one for self defense, but it gets you in shape. When I was about your age I did BJJ for several years and loved it, it's pretty intense and way more practical to use. No experience in Krav Maga but from what I've seen it's pretty damn effective too. I'm a bit slow and rusty these days but I can still remember what I learned. Now I just do some light boxing but it's more to get in shape again.

I've done krav maga along with a little bit of muy thai and jiu jitsu. Krav maga is the best for real world practical application. It's dirty street fighting though (groin strikes, eye gouging, etc). Not meant to be a sport
Yeah I've always thought krav maga was a damn good brutal self defense art. Never got to try it, not many places around here in my neck of the woods that teach it.

I've done krav maga along with a little bit of muy thai and jiu jitsu. Krav maga is the best for real world practical application. It's dirty street fighting though (groin strikes, eye gouging, etc). Not meant to be a sport

Yeah im not wanting to be a graceful karate kid, just want to be better prepared, and maybe lose some weight in the process.

Yeah I've always thought krav maga was a damn good brutal self defense art. Never got to try it, not many places around here in my neck of the woods that teach it.

Its very intense even at the beginner level. Make sure you are doing a lot of cardio first. Unfortunately I had to stop when I herniated several discs in my neck during a sparring session that got a little too aggressive. It's lots of fun as long as you don't get hurt though

INN
tenor (3).gif

Yeah im not wanting to be a graceful karate kid, just want to be better prepared, and maybe lose some weight in the process.
Go for BJJ or Krav Maga then. Both are intense and have good real life use. And you'll lose a ton of weight doing either. A BJJ sparring session feels like you just ran a marathon.

Back
Top Bottom