• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Kydex sheath creators/options for multitools?

atltrader

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
223   0
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has the means to create kydex sheaths for Gerber/Leatherman/SOG multi tools or know someone that can do that kind of work? I've seen some on eBay but most seem to be shipping out of China which is something I want to try and avoid. Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!

I had Gearcraft custom make mine, but that was long before it changed hands. Not sure if they still do that.

Are they the holster makers located here locally? I think I've seen their products at different shops around different gun shops all around the Atl.

Nice. I'll check to see if they offer anything. Thanks.

If they don't you might just be able to make your own. I think he started with his single stack mag mold, formed it around the tool and then placed the spring latch so it locks into the side where the push through for the inner blades is.

That's a Wingman for scale. One or the other has been part of my EDC since August 2019.

20240206_183003.jpg

If they don't you might just be able to make your own. I think he started with his single stack mag mold, formed it around the tool and then placed the spring latch so it locks into the side where the push through for the inner blades is.

That's a Wingman for scale. One or the other has been part of my EDC since August 2019.

View attachment 6845385

Now that you posted up the photo, that does jar the memory that I've seen the single mag holders from them at the some shops around. If I have time tomorrow, I might swing by Norcross gun & range to see if they still sell them. Pretty sure that was one place I saw them before. Thanks.

Now that you posted up the photo, that does jar the memory that I've seen the single mag holders from them at the some shops around. If I have time tomorrow, I might swing by Norcross gun & range to see if they still sell them. Pretty sure that was one place I saw them before. Thanks.

Careful use if a heat gun and a little pressure on the kydex and you'd be in business. Depending on your multi-tool you might need a double stack over a single. Some of the Gerber's I've picked up are pretty chunky compared to a Wingman.

Blackpoint is still a local manufacturer of Kydex Holsters.

Gearcraft is based out of Jasper ( Pickens County) now, and take a long time for custom orders.

As have been said, if you really need one out of kydex, start with a magazine Holsters you like.

Use painters tape, put 2 layers on the tool, place in the holster, then using a heat gun on low settings or a hair dryer, apply heat slowly, slowly! Once the kydex becomes playable, use your hands ( wear gloves) and form to the tool. Hold in place until the kydex is solid again.

If you wanted to, you could build a "press" out of wood, foam and some clamps....

Once built, heat kydex to playable with tool in side, then place kydex and tool in the press, using the clamp, close as tightly as you can, let sit for 30ish minutes.

Back
Top Bottom